Tuesday, August 9, 2022

A HILL of Jelly

Last night, an hour after her bedtime, I found my Daughter standing in the hallway, a big smile on her face.

Me: "What are you doing out of bed?"

Her: "Mama, can I tell you something?"

Me: "Shoot."

Her: "I wanted to tell you that I came up with a recipe. It's this: a piece of toast with jelly spread on it, and then a big HILL of jelly on top of that -- like a mountain of jelly. And then you put sprinkles on top. And then specks of cream cheese."

Me: "That is quite a recipe. I'm so impressed that you thought that up. We actually have all of those things, so why don't we make it for breakfast one day this week?"

Satisfied with that answer, she went back to bed with no protest.

And really, why not? Who am I to say no to sprinkles as a breakfast garnish?

 Recipe review to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment