Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A List of Wants and Needs

Very wise people (Oprah) have said the following: If you write it down and believe in it, it will eventually come true. I have decided to test that theory. The following are missing from my kitchen. I very much need them. I would like them to just somehow magically appear. A recent post on thekitchn got me thinking about what I need in my very tiny, spatially challenged kitchen:
  • A Mandoline Slicer - Why don't I already have one of these? It's ridiculous! I'm obsessed with presentation and slicing everything just so. I. Need. This.
  • Kitchen Thermometer - Obvious. Hard to procure? No. And still, I go without.
  • Pepper Mill - Mine is broken. It's been suggested that I get it fixed. I say, how about someone gift me a new one?
  • VeggiChop - WANT!
  • Mortar and Pestle - Instead of buying ground cardamom for the peach cardamom pie this weekend, I could have just ground the seeds I already had. Need.
  • Random, Beautiful Dishes for Presentation - The entire kitchen catalogue of Anthropologie? Yes please.

Is that really so much to ask?

Now. Where's my VeggiChop????

No comments:

Post a Comment