Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Adesso

Lovely evening out with Amber this weekend. It had been quite awhile, and we had some catching up to do. I suggested Adesso, the new Italian wine/cocktail/antipasti bar opened by the geniuses at Dopo, one of my favorite Bay Area restaurants.



This was my second time at Adesso, and I have a feeling it's going to be the kind of place where I'm never disappointed. I've tried several of their signature cocktails, including a grapefruit gimlet and an aperol spritz, but it seems as though the real prize on the menu is the long list of Italian wines (including two lovely lambrusco's). If you've never tried lambrusco, I highly suggest you run out at your earliest convenience and give it a taste. Lambrusco is a sparkling Italian red wine, to be drunk at room temperature or slightly chilled. It's not sweet, just surprisingly fizzy and complex.



The antipasti menu is extensive, including over 20 different kinds of salumi and pate (some of the pate's served right in their glass jars. I MUST come back to try the cheese's. We had a piece of heaven in buffalo mozzarella on our plate, along with an artichoke and fennel salad. They also have several pannini's, and oh! I've saved the best for last! They put out a seriously impressive FREE antipasti spread every evening from 5-7pm, and then again around 11pm! I wasn't aware than anything in the Bay Area was free, until now. This is my new Happy Hour spot!

1 comment:

  1. nice pic! i concur, the mozzarella was heaven! amd it was a great saturday date!

    ReplyDelete